Fertiliser Services - FAQs
These are the questions and answers relating to Fertiliser Services, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions that are not shown below and one of our team will be happy to provide you with an answer.
Q. Can BFS make up products to my individual field/crop requirements?
Q. What BFS grades/analyses are available?
Q. Are Liquid Nitrogen Fertilisers prone to volatilization?
Q. What on-farm storage will I need?
Q. What are the cost implications when converting to liquids?
Q. Are liquid fertilisers hazardous?
Q. Can I use my farm sprayer to apply liquid fertiliser.
Q. What is meant by Specific Gravity?
Q. How are liquid fertilisers sold? Tonnes or litres?
Q. What are the advantages that liquids have over solid fertilisers?
There are many reasons why farmers are converting to liquid fertiliser:
- Even spread over wider boom widths increases precision and work rates
- Improved accuracy of application with on-board rate monitoring
- Spray up to the crop margin but protecting the environmental features
- Protect NVZ's, ELS's and protect RPA payments
- Handling requires less machinery
- Less labour is required
- Increased profit potential from better utilisation of applied nutrients
- No bags to dispose of - less waste
For more detailed information, download the BFS liquid fertiliser brochure